Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Contradictory is Not The Word

I always thought that my character is very contradictory.

My friends say I'm kind, my Mom says I'm merciless... Quite opposite, right?

Also, when I was about 12 years old I had absolutely no doubts that I'm a melancholic person. I was listening to sad music, I loved being alone, I didn't have friends and I could spend hours and hours in silence. Of course, now I sometimes have that mood. But not so much. Most of the situations which used to make me cry now make me laugh. I take things way more positively now.

So I've been thinking about my personality quite a lot lately. And here is what I remembered.

Many years ago I was on a seminar of Gennadiy (my first spiritual Teacher). He was telling about different  Zodiac signs. And he said a sentence which really stacked into my mind:
"Each Zodiac sign is different. And when you read about your sign, of course you'll have many thoughts like 'oh, yes! it's about me!' But the purpose of a Growing personality is to unite all the signs. And if you manage to, then you'll think 'yes, it's me' while reading each of the descriptions".

So yes, we all have pros and cons (I mean each sign). The first step is to strengthen your pros and weaken your cons. However, the next step is to supplement your personality with all the missing qualities. The idea is to be able to fit in any situation. To be able to feel comfortable independently on the circumstances.

Thinking through those words of Gennadiy, I realized that "contradictory" is not a proper word for my personality. I should say comprehensive instead!

Yes, definitely! Comprehensive Is The Word!


No comments:

Post a Comment